cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W Setup Issue

barzmedia
Level 1
Level 1

I am replacing a d-link wireless access point/router with an RV 120W. The access point will route out through a cable modem via one of five static IP addresses assigned by TimeWarner.

I set up the RV 120W with the same static IP parameters that arein the d-link, and while i can access the wireless with no problems the packets appear to not be being routed out of the cisco box to the time warner modem. currently the timewarner modem is providing routing as well.

It would appear that i need to do something with the RV 120 setup but whats odd is that when i look at the routing tables in the RV 120 they are exactly the same as those in the dlink router.

The d-link box worked perfectly, not sure why the cisco box isnt working. would this set-up require me to enable dynamic routing?

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I would unplug the cable modem for about 5-10 minutes (make sure cable is also unplugged because it carries a 70volts) also make sure router is unplugged as well. Power the cable modem up first and once it has connection status, power up router. You can also clone your PC MAC address in the router which in certain scenarios has helped.

If you need further assistance give Cisco SBSC a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case. I haven’t seen any case or issue where RV couldn’t route out to the internet.

Please leave RV in gateway mode / don’t change RV into router mode.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Sounds like from what you are saying there is route caching going on with the mac addresses. i guess that would make some sense....

Correct, let me know if that works!

Jasbryan