cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 and AT&T DSL Config Problems

michael
Level 1
Level 1

I have just purchased the RV042 and while it is working great on WAN1 over Xfinity/Comcast broadband, I'm unable to get it working with my AT&T DSL for WAN2.  I am planning on running this in failover mode - not load balancing.

The DSL modem it is connected to is a SpeedStream (hooking up laptop directly works etc. etc.).  The SpeedStream is set to PPOE authentication passed in via the computer (in this case the RV042).  On the RV042 side, I set it to use PPOE, using the credentials as given my AT&T DSL.  The DNS servers are set to the ones recommended.

Any of you out there with this working?

4 Replies 4

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Is the issue you have specific to Smartlink Backup mode? Could you first try configuring Load Balance mode and see if RV042 can get an ip address from the ISP?

It seems to be getting an ip address.  In Load Balance mode, is there a way to force all of the traffic to one WAN connection?  No error message in the log....PPPE suceeds in getting the ip address

I fiddled back and forth a bit more.....when I pull the power on xfinity broadband it fails over now it seems that I'm getting a good ip address, my dns address is set properly and I'm able to resolve name and ping external ip addresses.  Somehow I can't get http working from my browser.  Any idea?

Turns out that the solution was somewhat obvious.  The Network Password on my SpeedSteam was wrong and the AT&T Password Sync manager was able to take care of this.  Once it sync'ed properly, I changed back the setting on the SpeedStream so that it would do the authentication instead of having the RV042 doing it.

I'm now able to pull my Xfinity WAN connection, and my AT&T DSL connection springs into life.  Yeah!!!!

Appreciate the help from everyone.