cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 and Smart Link Backup

pyrthian
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV042 with a pair of Cellular modems.  They are connected, and managed with the "Smart Link Backup".  The RV042 must also maintain a VPN to the home office.  It has been in the field for about a month now.  My 2 issues with this are:

1> not very easy to tell which WAN is active.  Going thru the logs is no answer.  This info should be displayed on the System Summary, not something which needs to be searched out in the logs. 

2> the device is not "failing back".  It fails over just fine.  but, when the Primary is back online, it never returns.  I suspect this has to do with the VPN and the "[ ] Tunnel Backup".  My workaround for this has been to connect during "off hours", and just reboot the device. 

1 Reply 1

Ismael Arroyo
Level 1
Level 1

Pyrthian,

1> Under Dual Wan>>> Smart Link Backup, which wan is set to Primary? This wan will take care of the traffic until it fails.

2>Under Network Detection Services the default Retry count is 5 pings and the Retry timeout is 30 seconds wait for the next ping. For testing purposes change this settings to retry count of 10 pings and retry timeout of 15 seconds. This will allow for more pings in a less interval time to detect traffic.