cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rv042 blocks packets

ElvijsLiepins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have again problem with rv042 router, basically with two same these routers. We have these routers ir 2 companies, RV042 runing latest firmware the problem is that router somehow BLOCKS some webpages, images or even whole webpage... etc...

Problems:

1. If i set up rv042 workers trough it surfing web pages and about 5-10% they have problems with images (they don't load at all)

2. Sometimes all wepbage only loads in second time when they hit refresh.

Basically, we have these problems in with two of these routers.

What i did so far:

1. reflashed both routers

2. disabled firewall on both routers / no luck

3. opened all ports that correspond to web HTTP, https etc...

4. reconfigured both routers from zerro.. still nothing...

Funniest is that when i replace with any other routher in both companies web pages and images loads perfectly.

Can anybody help me Please?

Any help apprecciated...

2 Replies 2

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

My name is Rick Roe from the Cisco Small Business Support Center and I have seen this issue with other Customers using the RV042. We were able to correct this problem by lowering the MTU setting from AUTO to Manual and using 1492 as the new MTU setting. The MTU setting is found under the setup tab and then under the WAN  Connection Type (WAN1 or WAN2)  Give this a try and see if it corrects your problem.

THANKS

Update!!!

The promblem still is back again, for 3 days ir thought that correcting MTU value from 1500 to 1492 solved the problem, but problem still persists...

Just a little reminder - i have 2 these rv042 (unlucky) routers in 2 companies, both reflashed, reconfigured, corrected MTU values, still it loads pages with missing video, data, images sometimes doesn't load whole page....

Any ideas to fix it? And when will be new firmware for rv042 with hardware version V2?

I'm tired of fighting with this router, it is worst product i have ever used, who is not working as it should have been.

Don't buy it, because it it useless.

P.s. - shame on you cisco for realeasing this "beautifull" product.

Message was edited by: Elvijs Liepins