cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 does not working when using more then 5 ipsec tunnel

SNTPL
Level 1
Level 1

I am using RV042 Dual band Routers in my multiple site, when i am trying to connect all router through ip Sec tunnel only 5 tunnel is working rest others are disconnect, some one help me.

4 Replies 4

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

accordding to the Datasheet for this device, this should be able to connect 50 tunels 

"50 IPsec site-to-site tunnels for branch office connectivity"

so it's hard to give you advises if you are configuring the rest of the tunnels the same way. 

I would just advise you to activate the logs or do a packet capture and give us a call to 1866-606-1866 so we can open a case nad help you out with this issue. 

thank you for contacting Cisco Small Business Support Center

Regards, 

I have logged a case in Cisco small business support but not getting valid answer, they told that 4 ports (50,51,500,4500) is block by ISP so it  creates problem but if ports block is problem then why some tunnels is working fine.

Hello, 

I am sorry to hear that, based on what you are telling us and based on my experience I would say that when a ISP is blocking those ports VPN tunnel wont work. 

if you can share with me the case number so I can take a look at the resolution history and depending on that give you some advises.  

thanks

However the way I would approach this setup is to configure the RV042 first as it is not as robust as the ASA firewall for encryption options.  If applicable.

Below is what I would verify that the ASA matches what you have configured on the RV042, besides having the local and remote IPs and local subnets configured correctly.

Phase1 DH Group: 

Phase1 Encryption: 

Phase1 Authentication: 

Phase1 SA Life Time ___ seconds

Phase2 DH Group: 

Phase2 Encryption: 

Phase2 Authentication:

Phase2 SA Life Time  seconds

Preshared Key: 

If the configuration is correct, then I tend to see that the RV042 model needs to be power cycled to negotiate the tunnel.  You may need to do both sides sometimes.