Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 : load balacing and 0.0.0.0 on Wan2

yvesbernard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 connexions : 1 Wifi and 1 Wimax. The Wifi need a user defined MAC address. I've configured the RV042 in load balancing mode.

Here the different case :

- if I connect Wifi on Wan1, I've got an IP address.

- if I connect Wimax on Wan1, I've got an IP address.

- if I connect Wifi or Wimax on Wan2, I stand with 0.0.0.0 (in load balancing mode)

- if I connect wimax on Wan1 and wifi on Wan2 in smart link backup with primary Wan1, I lose internet connexion if I unplug Wan1

- if I connect wifi on Wan1 and wimax on Wan2 in smart link backup with primary Wan1, I lose internet connexion if I unplug Wan1

I am behind routers on wifi and wimax. I have to be in Gateway mode to be able to ping internet (on Wan1, wifi or wimax).

I want to be in load balancing mode, wimax on Wan1, wifi on Wan2.

All cables are Ok, firmware version is 1.3.12.19-tm.

Is there something special to configure ?

Kind regards.

1 Reply 1

edpaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Reviewing your issue with your RV042. I believe it is your ISP provider connections. Now I see you state that when connecting just one of your ISP in the WAN port 1 you are receiving an IP address, what is the IP address you are receiving? Is it a 192.168.xxx.xxx on both your WiFi and Wimax? I did find information on the WiMax you have at there home website. looking at the device this is a wireless modem/router, if you are able to access the configuration page on the Wimax and change the Local LAN IP to a different IP address. For the WiFi, is this also a wireless modem/router? If so, you will need to change that one as well.
You will need all 3 devices in different IP address so none of them will have a conflict.
Example:
WiFi modem/router: 192.168.1.1
Wimax modem/router: 192.168.2.1
RV042 router: 192.168.3.1

Or you can mix them up to your preference.