Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W as VPN Client - routing all traffic thru tunnel

unimog404
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am using a RV110W as a VPN client to establish a VPN conection since some months. So far everything works fine.

But all traffic is routet thru the VPN tunnel. Now I try only to route specific adresses thru the tunnel but not the internet acess.

RV110W is in Gateway mode

WAN interface is connected with internet

I am using PPTP with PAP and MPPE for VPN

so far no static routes (I could not set e.g. a route to 0.0.0.0 because web-interface says its not a valid adress)

Goal is to route only traffic for the target network thru tunnel and the rest direct via WAN interface.

Has someone any idea how to setup this scenario?

Thanks

Erik

3 Replies 3

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Erik,

the full tunnel capability is a feature set of the PPtP connection. It can not be turned off and a rule can not be created to reroute the traffic. If your goal is to route only traffic for the target network thru the tunnel and the rest directly to the WAN interface of the local network then I would suggest using a split tunnel VPN such as Cisco Quickvpn.

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

Best thanks for your explanations Blake.

It's a pity that this is not working with PPTP. I thougt its a standard issue for branch office connections to tunnel only internal traffic and not the whole internet trafic...

I solved my problem for now thru a second router. So I could create routes with different gateways depending on the target network.

Erik

Erik,

I am interested in knowing how you got this to work. Could you please provide me with a simple network diagram and the steps that you used to resolve this issue.

Blake