Views
Helpful
Replies

RV120W and "Wireless Isolation within SSID"

MaxvatarT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'd like to share with others one tricky topic on product RV120W (btw very fine pce of hw).

When I did initial setup, I went trough the documentation precisely. I set up 2 VLAN and 2 WiFi (one as main and other for guests). When I got to wireless security, there is a checkbox to activate "Wireless Isolation within SSID". The documentation clearly says: "Click Enable under Wireless Isolation within SSID to separate this network from the other three wireless networks on the Cisco RV120W. When this feature is enabled, the network can communicate with the Cisco RV120W, but not with any of the other three networks.". So I said to my self - it would be good idea to enable it, since there are 2 VLANs/2 WiFis. And that cost me 4 hours of investigation of following trouble:

When wireless isolation is enabled on RV120W (firmware 1.0.4.10) - one PC can not ping/access another PC, when both are connected to router via WiFi (same WiFi/same VLAN). It's ONLY possible to ping WiFi PC -> LAN PC or opposite direction LAN PC -> WiFi PC.

IMHO this is either bug in the firmware or not-very-accurate description in the documentation.

Has anybody solved similar trouble ?

Rgds

MaX

17 Replies 17

Hi

Thank you for your quick reply.

My interest it's about your point #3... your guest wifi.

did you create a vlan for you guest wifi or only create a 192.168.2.1 and isolate within this wifi ?

Do you have any printscreen to help me with?

Thank you.. it's very appreciated

Jean-Marc

Hi

Sorry to disturb you again,

I would like to know if you get my another message for getting the printscreen.

I don't know how to create what you are talking about so with print screen i will be able to.

thank you and sorry for trouble.

regards,

Jean-Marc

Hello Jean Marc,

the setup is as you described in previouse post:

1) set LAN-VLAN-settings up with disabled "Inter VLAN Routing"

2) set two WIFI hotspots, one for each VLAN. Set "Wireless isolation" for guest hotspot

Hope it helps. Good luck !

P.S. Sorry for delayed answer, 'didn't have a chance to log on to the router.