Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130W S2S VPN to ASA 5505

andyb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a S2S VPN from a RV130W to an ASA 5505 with a private IP address on its outside interface and believe that phase1 is coming up, but phase 2 is failing due to:

we require peer to have ID 'PUBLIC IP', but peer declares '192.168.80.100'

I initially followed this document to configure the tunnel

https://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=7200e3b590e443af8f27a1ca957705ba_Configuring_a_Site_to_Site_VPN_tunnel_between_RV_Series_Rout.xml

But have since tried different settings i.e. Agressive mode, Nat-T enabled / disabled, FQDN, but cannot get the tunnel to stay up

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've managed to get the S2S working now so no need to supply the SBSC link

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

santsha3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thank you for writing to community.

Please check whether the private IP assigned on the outside interface of ASA is reachable from the RV130W site.

In order to configure VPN, whether you should have a public IP on the outside interface of ASA or you could have that private IP mapped with any domain, so it could be reachable from the the RV130W site. Once the WAN IP is reachable you will be able to see the tunnel showing up.

You could contact SBSC front line any time and get a case opened for the issue, if you face any issue during configuration.

Hi,

I can confirm that both sites are accessible from each other. Is there a online link to contact SBSC?

Regards

I've managed to get the S2S working now so no need to supply the SBSC link