Views
Helpful
Replies

RV160 router fails to reset to factory default

coaljohn22868
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Upon receiving vulnerability information below, I tried to log in to my RV160 from local LAN.

Cisco Small Business RV Series Routers Vulnerabilities

Log in page appeared, but username / password stored in my browser and password manager does not work, the message "Invalid Username or Password. Please try again" popped up.

This is enough suspicious, but I decided to reset all config and credentials to factory default.

I pushed the reset button in red hole, felt small click and wait for over 10 seconds, then released the button.

But nothing has happened. No LED pattern was shown, no configuration changed, and still unable to login.

Next I tried to push and hold reset button for 5 seconds and released it, nothing happens.

Is there any way for this situation?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

If you are not able to factory reset the router (by pressing and holding the reset button for more than 10-15 seconds) you may need to call our technical support centre for further assistance. Contact details are as follows:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html 

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

If you are not able to factory reset the router (by pressing and holding the reset button for more than 10-15 seconds) you may need to call our technical support centre for further assistance. Contact details are as follows:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html 

Regards,

Martin

Devis Pici
Level 1
Level 1

How did you solve this problem if you don't mind me asking? 

Thanks

To reboot the unit and restore the factory default configuration, press and hold the RESET button for more than 10 seconds.