Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 connection problems also

brunorodrigues
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

I'm having the same problem as other users with two new RV180, using the latest official firmware.

I use a site-to-site VPN between the two and it's working ok (that was the main reason to buy two RV180), I also use port forwarding and it's working. The problem is that attempting to load web pages will often result in only half the content being loaded, the browser loading spins and spins forever.  Stopping the page loading and reattempting the load will work, even though sometimes you need to do that multiple times to get everything to load. This problem happens in all computers behind the router, I don't believe both routers are malfunctioning.

I tried do disable all Firewall Attacking Prevention but didn't work. Resetting the router to factory defaults and using the factory settings doesn’t work also.

I did a WAN capture packet using the diagnostics and opening the pkt.cap in Wireshark shows lots of:

"TCP 60 [TCP ACKed unseen segment] [TCP Previous segment not captured] https > 50069 [FIN, ACK] Seq=1074 Ack=1013 Win=16768 Len=0"

I don't know what it means but I suppose something is not right.

Thanks in advance,

Bruno

17 Replies 17

daftucisco
Level 1
Level 1

Same issues here on my brand new RV180.

Outbound WAN connections finishes with timeout very often.

Internet browsing from LAN is very uncomfortable, getting many email error reports on my email from services (caused by timeouts).

Sb found the solution?

brunorodrigues
Level 1
Level 1

After some more testing’s I can now conclude that the problem is the WAN port. I again put the RV180 router behind a D-Link DIR-655 router, connecting the WAN port on the RV180 to DMZ LAN port on the DIR-655. Using windows remote desktop connection from a computer connected to a RV180 LAN port (192.168.2.0/24) to another connected on a LAN port of the DIR-655 (192.168.1.0/24) the connection ends sometimes. This has nothing to do with Internet and my ISP, it is just a local Ethernet connection between two routers.

If I use the RV180 as a switch, LAN port to LAN port this problem doesn't occur.

Exactly, or with doing NAT.

My SR was escalated to L2 and I believe they will find the reason - I'll post any new information here