cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W Guest users to not access internal network's resources

Jeffrey Manego
Level 1
Level 1

I have two networks: 1 for the office and 1 for the guest network. I need to find a solution as to how I can prevent outside users from accessing the office's resources.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Jeffrey,

Create a second VLAN with a different subnet such as 172.168.100.x. Disable Inter-VLAN Routing for VLAN 1 and 2. Associate the guest SSID to that VLAN and the guests will have internet access only.

Please reply if you have any questions.

- Marty

Will that prevent the guest users from accessing the vital information at the office?

Jeffrey,

As long as Inter-VLAN Routing is disabled the VLANs will have no access to each other. Configure the router and connect to the guest network. Then try to reach a device on the corporate LAN and you will see that you are blocked. Enable Inter-VLAN routing and test again. You should now be able to access corporate resources. Remember to disable it and test before going live.

As an additional precaution, enable Wireless Isolation within SSID to block guests from accessing each other. They will have access only to the internet in this case.

- Marty

I will give that a shot. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks Marty!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: