cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W Router Issues

Matt000042
Level 1
Level 1
Hi We've just replaced a netgear router for a Cisco RV180w but it's causing some issues, it seems to be stopping any PC based browser loading properly, it connects to the site but doesn't load the page if you hit F5 it loads immediately but this is causing real problems with any secure site we are submitting information to ie. the bank as it's submitting the information but then not responding back to say its complete. I've swapped the router back to the netgear and the issue goes away??? Any ideas please. Thanks Matt
2 Replies 2

mohabdel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt,

I am so sorry to hear you have issue with RV180W.  Could you please let me know your internet type DSL, T1 or Cable? I like to know your router current firmware version as well.

I will check firmware version 1st

how to change it?

Login to router GUI/or web page

Select Status --> System Summary ( Firmware version X.X.X.X ) 

The latest firmware version is 1.0.3.10

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284005928&catid=268437899&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.3.10&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If you need to upgrade firmware, download firmware 1.0.3.10

loging to router

Select Administration --> Firmware Upgrade ( click browse button,) and then Select check box Reset all configuration/ setting to factory defaults --> click Start Frimware Upgrade

The latest firmware support new feature so you need to factory default unit.

--------------------------------------

If your internet DSL/or T1 you need to change MTU to 1492

select Netowkring --> WAN --> IPv4 --> MTU Type Customer --> MTU Size 1492

Select Save

---------------------------------------

Also I like change DNS as well 

you can change DNS in WAN port section or LAN ports configuration

I like LAN port configuration DNS

select Networking --> LAN --> IP4 LAN --> 

Primary DNS Server 8.8.8.8    ( google DNS )

Secondary DNS Server 4.2.2.2  ( verizon DNS )

Select Save

Thanks,

Moh

Hi Moh

Thanks for the reply, we are on the latest firmware, I have made the other changes you sugested and i'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help.