cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rv220w disable vlan problem

cwfsite
Level 1
Level 1

As I created a vlan (192.168.4.1) but disable inter-vlan check box, as a result this vlan is a individual lan; I suppose every desktop under this vlan (192.168.4.1) will not access to my firewall (e.g 192.168.1.1) , but actually this individual lan can acess to my 192.168.1.1 and can login to configure my router setting, it is not my expected.

I don't understand as I want to isolate this vlan user to access others vlan Machine, why the router permit this isolate vlan user to try my router login (192.168.1.1) , it is NOT make sense design.

Would everyone can tell me how to block a vlan users to access my firewall ? How to acres control LAN to LAN?

5 Replies 5

cwfsite
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco is famous brand, good customer service and best product improvement & upgrade, are reasons to customers willing to pay more money to buy cisco product, rv220w aim to small business, we have additional expectation than HOME router, functions of access control by LAN to LAN , and LAN to firewall (192.168.1.1), in fact also deploy in most other brand HOME router.

Disappointed to cisco software design!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Frankie, the issue you reported has been fixed by a beta firmware (1.0.2.3), which has not gone through the test cycle. 

Hi tekliu,

Thanks your udpate, it is good news to me.

Just two question more:

1) Deafult vlan (vlan id =1) can NOT modify to disable inter-vlan , would release the right to us to disable it ? If so, it should give us more feasibility to configure access control , my point is this is small business router is aim to experence users .

2) When firmware (1.0.2.3) will be released ? Or, can I download beta version from where ?

Actually I am a cisco fans even HOME or OFFICE, so hope cisco always is the best.

1) Firmware 1.0.2.3 will allow admin to determine which VLAN has access to the adminstrative interface of the router. 

2) To become a beta tester, you would need to contact the Samll Business Support Center, which will escalate your case to the 2nd level support engineer, who will be able to distribute the beta firmware on a case-by-case basis.

Hi tekliu,

Thanks your kindly reply.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App