Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220w firewall rules and inter-vlan-routing

moep159753
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks

I would like to isolate my wlan from the remaining network but with two exceptions.

First it sould be possible to print from all devices in the wlan and second... my notebook should not be isolated

Therefore I did the followning steps:

1. Create vlan

vlan.JPG

2.Set access rules

access.JPG

Basically I blocked any inter-vlan-routing from the wireless vlan.

I allowed all traffic from the wireless address range to the printer's ip address.

I allowed all traffic from the notebook's ip address to the private vlan.

3. Set a static DHCP entry for the notebook

4. Set an IP/MAC binding entry for the notebook

For some reason I can reach any ip address from any wireless device. Why? Did I miss anything?

3 Replies 3

jcquirin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i also have this model with August 2012 firmware and i'm very dispointed about it, but i'm trying to use it and i had the same problem, so to fix the situation i had to indicate IP sources and destinations instead of using 'ANY".

Hope it works for you.

Could you reply me if it's the case please.

Hi,

First of all thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I'm very busy forr the next day but I will test it as soon as possible.

I choose the RV220w basically because of its NAT performance but I was quite disappointet either.

I bought it just after the release a year ago but until the latest firmware it was useless as I could not create tagged vlan

Nevertheless I'm quite happy with it now

Hi,

You'r welcome, I have the same relation with this router ;-)) let me know if it's works for u.