cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220w lacks functionality promised

colindearing
Level 1
Level 1

Since trying this router, I am stuck on firmware version 1.0.2.6 as every upgrade to 1.0.1.0 causes the PPPoE connection to fail. I am in the UK this is quite normal to have this type of connection on a fibre line.

None of the VPN solutions work with mac osx, however it clearly states in the documentation that it should work.

SSL VPN (FAIL) Java issue

IPSec (FAIL) Doesn't will not connect and only a windows quick vpn software client is provided

PPTP (Unsuitable) It will not allow the configuration I need, I can access anything using inter-vlan on this firmware

So whats the score now, I am still very dissatisfied and thus far, despite spending hours establishing that yes the Firmware 1.0.1.0 won't work over the phone, no one in the community seems to fussed.

The router and admin screens seem substandard for a router of this class, this router doesn't function as specified which surprises me considering its a cisco router ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Some folks have reported that IPSecuritas on Mac could be an alternative.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10266

If you have critical connectivity issues, please give a call to the Support Center, which will be able to provide immediate help and beta firmware as needed. From what I know, the next official firmware is close, but I cannot provide a date since there is always a non-zero probability that a particular firmware drop does not meet the criteria for official release.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

colindearing
Level 1
Level 1

Also has anyone had any luck with BtMM (Back to my Mac) working on these devices ?

I am presuming that no one at Cisco really cares about customers, this is actually quite frustrating, I have posted a few issues I am having with the RV220w and not one single answer from anyone in Cisco.

Can you please explain to me why your product is not working, I have bought a VPN router, what I have is something that is useless and I have no faith in your support as you have yet to provide any help with this device.

I recommend that people with Mac's don't touch this router in its current state, it will do nothing it says on the box despite what you may believe.

If people who read this have similar issues with this router and its functionality and have resolved those issues, please let me know. As I am still trying to just get something useful out of this hardware. I have had to put firmware 1.0.0.26 on as PPPoE doesn't work, despite other people getting beta firmware.

Please fix this broken software now.

Some folks have reported that IPSecuritas on Mac could be an alternative.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10266

If you have critical connectivity issues, please give a call to the Support Center, which will be able to provide immediate help and beta firmware as needed. From what I know, the next official firmware is close, but I cannot provide a date since there is always a non-zero probability that a particular firmware drop does not meet the criteria for official release.

Hi Tekliu,

I could never get that working either,

I will call Cisco support to see if I can get something working.

Thanks for the response, it is appreciated.

Called Cisco support, the issue has been escalated for reasons of the PPPoE, but I think the VPN side of it is a bigger problem for me.

I have tried IP Securitas and couldn't get it working :-( maybe that was because it was 1.0.0.26 firmware, the rep believed they had IP Securitas working.

I will go over the guide again, but will probably do so once I have some new firmware that works with PPPoE.

Really I want SSL VPN LOL but that broke with the last Java Update as common amongst most VPN Solutions, Netgear included, I believe they have fixed theirs to work tho ...

Thanks Telkiu