cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Port for 100 Ethernet Printer not working with DHCP

will_aton
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated the firmware on the RV220W.  I took an old Access point/Router out that was working find and put in the a  new RV220W.

I noticed that the DCHP HP Printer(speed is only 100 max) is no longer getting an IP address and defaults to 169.254.198.246, The port light shows the port is active, so I tried to go into port management to hard code to 100 incase there was a problem with auto and as soon as I turn off auto the port light goes off.  No mater what setting I choose at this point the port light does not come back on the  RV220W, until I turn on Auto, but then DHCP does not work.  Just wanted to see if any one has seen this?

1 Reply 1

will_aton
Level 1
Level 1

Well I was able to get this to work.  I plugged in the old router, put in a static ip then plugged in back in to the RV220w and was able to get the the Printer web interface.  I was only able to print to it via the IP address now, befor I was able to just use it's host name.  When I tried to ping the hose name I see it comes up as "name.cisco" for example:  I could type in "Ping DJ6127"  It comes back saying "DJ6127.Cisco"  Not sure why it can't resolve name now...  I have notice that only 1 device on the RV220W is listed with a name.  Any Ideas on why I can't get to get by name or why the .cisco gets added?