cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Port Forwarding

Rod Kelley
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install an RV220W in our main office hub.  I have rvs4000's in the satellite offices and their vpn tunnels are working fine with our legacy router in the main office.  I replaced the legacy router with an RV220W.  All of the tunnels came up fine and all of the port forwarding was working with firmware version 1.0.0.26.  I was having some issues and talked to Cisco support.  Their suggestion was to upgrade to firmware version 1.0.1.0. 

After upgrading, the VPN tunnels came up, but e-mail would not work.  Everything about the device was flakey.  I ended up wiping out the configuration and reconfiguring the unit.  It looked like everything came up fine after that.  The internet was accessible, the e-mail worked.  Two of the 8 tunnels did not come up.  I triple checked the settings and couldn't find anything wrong wit them.  Port forwarding seemed to work except for RDP.  I looked at the settings again and again, but could not get RDP to work.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to move forward from here?

1 Reply 1

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV220W firmware does not have RDP as a pre-defined Service. So to forward RDP (TCP 3389), you will have to create a Custom Service and then forward that service as part of the Firewall configuration.