cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Dynamic DNS failing

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV320 I am testing in order to determine if it's suitable for use in the company I work for.  We have several remote offices, and will be using IPSEC tunnels, VPN for IT troubleshooting and other features.

Dynamic DNS is returning

"Authorization failed(username or password)." error, although I think it's properly configured and works on

error, although I think it's properly configured and works on other firewall/router units.  I have reentered the user, password and domain several times, each time it returns the same error.

Can anyone provide insight into the problem?

I also notice the options do not seem to include any way to use a Custom DNS, that is instead of xxx.dyndns.org it would be myhost.TLD.  We have a bunch of xxx.dyndns.org, but do have a few myhost.tld.  I hope this is something that could be fixed.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeff,

I think that the issue is that the PW is too long. I recall a case a while back where a customer had a passord over 20 characters and he had to shorten it. My recollection is not great, but I think that 18 was the limit. A feature request was made to lengthen the password field but no change was made due to hardware or maybe OS limitation. I think that the router was the RV042, which has similar code to the RV320. Sorry I can't be more specific. I would try changing the password at least temporarily to see if it works.

If you would like to make a feature request, please call support and open a case.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention, using the latest firmware.

swissben00
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here:

I tried to set a simple password on dyndns.org to avoid possible special characters problems, but it still didn't work.

Latest firmware is installed.

Dear Cisco Team, any idea?

jamiemoney
Level 1
Level 1

I was having the same issue, does your password have any special characters?  When I updated my used to a password that was just alpha numeric DynDNS updating worked.

Dan Jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

Dyndns is working for me. I am using a trial account at DynDNS -- it might have more features than the basic one. My dyndns password uses no special characters. [PID VID: RV320 V01   Firmware Version: v1.1.1.06 (2013-12-06, 11:02:37)]

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco,

Orig. post Sept. of last year.  Come on Cisco, a reply would be nice.  Issue isn't listed in any release notes as far as I can tell. 

Dyn password is 21 characters, alpha only.  Changing the password isn't the option I want to hear, that would involve changing many, many other devices.

Cisco, please address this issue and respond via this forum.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I think that the issue is that the PW is too long. I recall a case a while back where a customer had a passord over 20 characters and he had to shorten it. My recollection is not great, but I think that 18 was the limit. A feature request was made to lengthen the password field but no change was made due to hardware or maybe OS limitation. I think that the router was the RV042, which has similar code to the RV320. Sorry I can't be more specific. I would try changing the password at least temporarily to see if it works.

If you would like to make a feature request, please call support and open a case.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Hello,

Yes, Marty is right but the lenght of the password should be no more than 15 characters

Mihail