cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Firmware

preachs54
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know when the next firmware upgrade will be released?  My problem is that when I turn the Firewall on, my throughput on a PPPoE connection drops the MTU from 1492 to 1440 or less.  I have reported it but I'm sure it was ignored.  It can be reproduced without a problem.  Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release since it is the reason I can't fully use the RV320.

4 Replies 4

kalilcosta1
Level 1
Level 1

I Have the same problem.

Enabling SNMP the throughput down, Test with Speedtest 30M Download and 500k Upload, when I disable the SNMP link return OK.

Updated firmware but problem continues.

No response of CISCO too.

The problem exists with the RV320 AND it's predecessor the RV042G.  The Firewall throttles the MTU down.  I REALLY wish someone at Cisco would just FIX the issue - especially since it has been around for such a long time.

I don't know if it is present with other WAN types - but it is definitely there with the PPPoE WAN type.  In fact it is so predictable, that you get the EXACT same throttle EVERY time.  It will drop to 1432 MTU with the Firewall on and immediately jump to 1492 MTU (which is normal for PPPoE) when it is off.

Could an engineer from Cisco just take a few moments and FIX this!!!  I can't believe no one is noticing since it is SO reproducible.

If Disable the Firewall ?  The problem continues ?

I'm not sure the tense of your question.  However, if I disable the firewall the problem goes away.