Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Group VPN client to gateway no routing

ssschrisv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having trouble with lan access via a Group VPN connection I set up on a new RV320 dual wan small business router.
The gist of my problem is that the ike/IPSec tunnel connection from the client is established, but then I cannot ping, or connect to resources on the lan. Looking at the vpn log in the router, the tunnel connection is made, but then no route add or iptables rules are implemented to allow routing and passing of traffic through the gateway from the remote client to the lan.

I know that this is somehow the root of my issue because one, I have a site to site tunnel implemented on this router which works, and after the ike/IPSec tunnel initiates and succeeds, the route add and iptables rules are logged immediately after the tunnel succeeds. And two, I also have another RV320 which I installed at another location with the same set up, and connections to both the site to site tunnel, and the client to gateway group vpn succeed, and show the route add, and iptables rules in the vpn log, and I am able to access lan resources successfully via either the site tunnel or a client tunnel on that other RV320.

I fear I'm looking at a default situation, but I'm hoping maybe I'm missing a stupid setting somewhere that might save the downtime of a default and re-config.

PID VID: RV320-K9 V04

Firmware: v1.3.1.12 (2016-04-27, 10:46:12)
Client Software: Shrewsoft VPN Client version 2.2.1

Any Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.

1 Reply 1

ssschrisv
Level 1
Level 1

UPdate:

I went ahead and defaulted and reconfigured both with saved settings, and from scratch after fresh default each time, to no avail... Exact same condition, IKE/IPSec tunnels from client to gateway connect, but not route add or iptables rules to pass traffic to lan logged, and no access to lan resources from client side. Site to site tunnel up and running with lan access back and forth between sites, route add and iptables rules logged after tunnel connection.

Perplexing to say the least.