Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 VPN setup issues - Please help!

Hi I have an RV320 and I am trying to setup VPN's. 

First I am trying to setup SSL VPN so I can connect from remote web browsers. On the Advanced setting page where it asks for 'Assign IP range for virtual passage', when I go to save settings it says 'SSL IP Range should be in either LAN IP Subnet or Multiple Subnet, please change the settings.' The address range is 192.168.0.200 to 192.168.0.210 (see screenshot attached) My router LAN settings are 255.255.255.0 and my router's IP is 192.168.0.2. I have changed the IP range but no luck, it is driving me nuts! Does anyone know how to fix this?? Also if I can get this to work, will this allow me to remote access desktop a computer on my LAN from a remote web browser?

Secondly, I have looked into trying to configure IpSec VPN to work through my Macbook Pro but I have had no luck setting this up either on the router or with the OS X VPN client? Any help here would be appreciated too.

Note. Router has latest firmware update v1.3.1.12 (2016-04-27, 10:46:12)

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

leandrosiow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

It seems like there is a minor bug in firmware update v1.3.1.12. If you need to do change the IP address of the VPN please do a roll back to RV32X_v1.2.1.14_20150813-code.bin.

I have already inform support about this and they will be escalating the case and permanent resolution.

View solution in original post

Azerty4321
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the cisco RV325 and have the same issue since purchasing it earlier this year.

Until now not able to setup any vpn connexion.

When setting up ssl and wanting to change the port from 443 to 10443 i am getting the message about ssl ip range..

What ever i do nothing changes.

You were telling that this was an issue with the firmware v1.3.1.12

I just upgraded to version 1.3.2.02 that was published a couple of days ago.

And the issue is still there!

I cannot setup SSL VPN!

When will this issue be solved?

Thank you

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

gk00000001
Level 1
Level 1

I have written about the same problem which I had when I tried to disable (yeah, disable) PPTP. The only thing that comes to mind is to ask a web developer to change or disable on-the-fly the javascript code responsible for the check of the IP address, when submitting the form that contains IP address range.

About the second problem, if you google for something like "rv320 setup ipsec vpn" (without the quotes) you will find a bunch of possibly useful videos on that matter made by cisco themselves.

Hope this helps.

Hi.

Yes, I reset router after firmware upgrade.

What do you mean by my LAN range 192.168.0.2/24?

What do you mean by ' Make sure you have public IP on RV320 WAN for VPN to work'??

Can you provide any details, screenshots of this??

I would love to use the default Cisco VPN client on my Mac but I have looked everywhere for a download link with no luck,  can you provide me with a link??

Regards,

Steve.

You replied in a wrong thread. But I can guess "the default Cisco VPN client" means "the default client for Cisco VPN", i.e. the one that comes bundled with the operating system. For the rest of the issues I would recommend you to have a chat with the support team, using the link vinarumu suggested.

Hi, I found solution. If you can change any setting under SSL VPN - Advanced Setting, you have to delete field Client Address Range Starts and Client Address Range Ends, and then you can change what you want. After Save original IP address remain unchanged.

Thank you so much for this post.  I did it and worked perfect. I am now able to save the settings.  BTW, my RV325 firmware version is v1.3.2.02 and it is the latest firmware as of now (I'm writing this on 2017-02-08).  What a shame for Cisco not fixing this bug even in this latest firmware release.

It seems like Cisco does not take care of the SMB routers well. There are a lot of bugs in their firmware.

Same issue here, we were plucking our hairs how to overcome it, since we were on the latest firmware (v1.3.2.02) which finally fixed very important issue for us of the RV325 dying completely after the restart of Windows Server 2016 and then arp-ing the network. So thanks man, kudos!

This works for me. Open javascript console, select the right target iframe, and execute:

chSubmit = function(F)
{
        F.PPTPEnabled.value=1;
        F.PPTPEnabledVe.value = 1;
        F.submitStatus.value=1;
        F.log_ch.value=1;
        window.status=Language.GLOBAL_wSave;
        MM_showHideLayers('AutoNumber15','','hide');
        F.submit();
        top.changeFlag = false;
        return true;
}

then the clientside check is disabled.

vinarumu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Steve,

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community centre.

I hope you are doing well. I am really sorry for inconvenience caused and delayed response. 

>>> Did you reset the router after upgrading the device to latest firmware?

>>> Does your LAN range is 192.168.0.2/24?

>>> You can take the remote of a PC on RV320 LAN via SSLVPN but you have to use only internet explorer not any other browser.

>>> You can use default Cisco VPN client on MAC book and configure EasyVPN on RV320. You can also try openvpn or groupvpn and have to configure router accordingly.

>>> Make sure you have public IP on RV320 WAN for VPN to work.

Please reach out our SBSC team and raise service request to proceed further.

You can contact our SBSC team via chat with the help of below links:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4841/online-chat-support

leandrosiow
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem too. 

In VPN > SSL VPN > Advance Setting

Although the "Client Address Range Starts"(192.168.0.20) and "Client Address Range Ends"(192.168.0.30) falls within the subnet 192.168.0.0/24 the javascript validation prompts that it falls outside range, but in actual fact is not. Hence, the error is preventing the form submission on the page despite the IP address range falling within the subnet.

Could you try verify this on your technical support end? Try using a correct IP address start and end, in the subnet and see if you get any errors on firmware update v1.3.1.12 (2016-04-27, 10:46:12).

Thanks.

leandrosiow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

It seems like there is a minor bug in firmware update v1.3.1.12. If you need to do change the IP address of the VPN please do a roll back to RV32X_v1.2.1.14_20150813-code.bin.

I have already inform support about this and they will be escalating the case and permanent resolution.

Azerty4321
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the cisco RV325 and have the same issue since purchasing it earlier this year.

Until now not able to setup any vpn connexion.

When setting up ssl and wanting to change the port from 443 to 10443 i am getting the message about ssl ip range..

What ever i do nothing changes.

You were telling that this was an issue with the firmware v1.3.1.12

I just upgraded to version 1.3.2.02 that was published a couple of days ago.

And the issue is still there!

I cannot setup SSL VPN!

When will this issue be solved?

Thank you

I had to downgrade one firmware rev and it then worked ok. Still must be a bug in current rev. 

Hi All. same issue Here.

My wish is simply  to disable PPTP Server. Vlan 1 addresses is on nerwork 192.168.1.0/25 and dhcp server, locally managed, distribute lease between 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.63 ip address.

Only changing PPTP Range start to 192.168.64 and range end in 192.168.1.72 (or any other ip inside vlan 1) permit me to disable PPTP Server and so skip the error

"SSL IP Range should be in either LAN IP Subnet or Multiple Subnet, please change the settings".

i hope this trick can help someone. Cheers. Loris

PS: box is a RV320 running v1.3.2.02 firmware