Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 is not listening on port 1149

Lukas Jesso
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco community,

i'm clueless and I hope you experts can help me.
Problem I have in general is that OpenVPN connection is not working.

Router information :

RV325
Firmware version : v1.3.1.12

I've configured OpenVPN server (password only) and several users as I did on another RV325 router with older firmware. But when trying to connect I received weird TLS error that certificate is not yet valid.
I've checked it and indeed self-signed certificate of router was valid from year 2157. So I've created new one with same CN and OU but correct validity timeframe. Old one (with wrong date) I've downloaded to my local pc and deleted from router.

Then I recreated OpenVPN configuration (generated new certificate for ovpn server and created accounts again). 

Everything seemed to be fine but when I tried connect again a received different error in ovpn client : connection refused.

So I tried to telnet router from outside on port 1194 but without success : 
telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1194
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

However other standard ports works (443,22,..). 

I've tried to change firewall configuration and also add port 1194 within port forwarding but unfortunately without success.

My next try was to change port within ovpn configuration, but no matter which one I used I couldn't reach it. Of course I couldn't use standard ports this communication.

Also I was looking for similar problem in here, but couldn't find helpfull answer.

But maybe this is known issue and I somehow missed it. In that case I apologize.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lukas Jesso
Level 1
Level 1

Issue solved.

Only one thing that helped me was to do Factory reset with Certificate.

Now after configuring OpenVPN again router is listening on port 1194 and ovpn connection itself works.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lukas Jesso
Level 1
Level 1
Now I have more specified error message.
TLS handshake not established.

It probably mean that router might be listening on mentioned port but firewall is blocking communication on it.
However I'm not sure about it.

Lukas Jesso
Level 1
Level 1

Issue solved.

Only one thing that helped me was to do Factory reset with Certificate.

Now after configuring OpenVPN again router is listening on port 1194 and ovpn connection itself works.

Thank you.