Helpful
Replies

RV325 - Low speed on PPPoE connection

D_A_N_I_E_L_74
Level 1
Level 1

PPPoE direct connection 

What I tried:

- Setting up the PPPoE directly from my Mac (RV325 bypassed) -> excellent connection as u can observe in the first picture

- Tried another device as gateway (PPPoE set on Asus router) and RV325 used only as router -> almost the same excellent speed compared with RV325 used to connect to ISP (RV325 in Gateway mode). 

- Tried all the firmwares available for this router, including 1.3.1.10 (no more available from Cisco, don't ask why ... but this is another topic);

- Tried a range of values for MTU

- Tried both WAN ports

- Setting up the "Max Bandwidth Provided by ISP" to 1.000.000 kb/s (upload and download)

- Tried both modes for Load Balance (Smart Link Backup and Load Balance)

- Firewall disabled

No more ideas ... please help.

3 Replies 3

D_A_N_I_E_L_74
Level 1
Level 1

How/where we can report a bug to Cisco?

I'm still trying to find a solution to the primary issue (WAN PPPoE low throughput) but I found few more problems (bugs?) on this firmware (v1.2.1.14):

1. SSH connection to my router is very tricky. I can SSH into the router but that's all. No commands are recognised ("enable", for example). Trying the Cisco CLI Analyzer was also unsuccessful:

RV32X>
===========================================================
Determining Device Type, Model, Version, and Serial Number:
===========================================================
Running "show version" ...
Unable to determine the device information. If this is an IOS, NX-OS, ASA, or
UCS device please report this problem by pressing the Feedback button in the top
right.
RV32X> enable
COMMAND OR FILENAME NOT FOUND

2. Meantime, I discovered few more problems:

• Access rules are not working. If I try to schedule the HTTP access for a specific IP, nothing happen ...
        • In Certificate Generator, few countries are not listed and few others are doubled
        • Trigger log entries: "Allowed Policies" are mentioned in System Log even the event is not activated

I'm really consider to return the router and ask for a refund, this is totally unacceptable !

I have problems too, but i have rv320.

I think run out of router resources.

I will replace another manufacturer's product.