cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 VPN connection just stopped one day..

user789
Level 1
Level 1

Our site-to-site(gateway to gateway) vpn just stopped working one day last week.

Before this occurred, the vpn was stably connected for over a year and data was going through without any hiccup

I made zero configuration changes in the rv325 router when this issue happened. So nothing has changed on either side of the vpn tunnel (i.e site 1 and site 2) other than the vpn just wont connect anymore. Cisco literally makes troubleshooting vpns impossible with this router..

I know both locations are online as I am at one and can ping the static wan for the other location. But when I go to connect, it just wont. I check sys logs and literally ZERO info in regards to our vpn tunnel that wont connect anymore. So any help would be appreciated.

Considering im not the only one who has dealt with this router and its vpn issues, im hoping the community can help me resolve my issue because I clearly cant count on Cisco.... And no I'd rather not pay them money to get tech support for something which should already be supported. Such double dipping *****.

1 Reply 1

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

1. Are you using x509 certificates for authentication of the Site-to-Site tunnel?

2. If yes, have they expired, or is the time-date set to present date/time on both gateways?