cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - Some Webpages will not Load

Dr. Logix
Level 1
Level 1

My router will load most webpages but a few it will not.  Of particular interest "http://alaska.gov" Here is what I've done.

1. First router was taken out of the box, updated with the latest firmware and configured with a number of Vlans - that failed.

2. Reset back to factory default, set ISP credentials - that failed.

2. Removed the RV340 router and put in its place an RV320 - that works.

3. Purchased a second RV340 took it out of the box without any updates or configuration other than ISP credentials - that failed.

Please keep in mind most websites work just fine, I actually like this thing, just that some fail.  Too, I do not have a PC with an RS-323 port making the command line inaccessible.  If it's of any consequence I cannot download cisco firmware from their site with the RV340 it requires an RV320.

I sure would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Reese

5 Replies 5

leecoxhouse1
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a RV340 router on an older version of firmware.  I clicked on your link with the Alaska web pages and they all seemed to paint fairly fast. I tried random ones.  Do you have a particular web page which does not work?

The webpage I listed is one I need and is the biggest problem, no home page.  Thanks for testing it out!  The local library's webpage will not load the User portal my wife signs into.  Too, I get an error message on the Cisco support webpage when I click on the download tab, too I can't log into my Cisco account.  The router works fine with the majority of sites.

The first router is using firmware version 1.0.02.16.  Too, the error log doesn't indicate a problem.

I've managed to connect the RV340 Wan port to a port on the RV320, the 320 Wan port to my ISP and the webpages pass through without hesitation.

I recon my next step is to contact my ISP, I doubt there are going to be of much help.

Thanks again for the feedback!

You might try using nslookup on the web pages which don't load and ping or traceroute the IPs.

I also have no issues Cisco's firmware.  I just google RV340 firmware.  Select the Cisco link which is the top link for me.  Then select download.  The firmware is right there.

I wish to thank you for the advice.

I able to get a successful result using the nslookup for the alaska . gov URL.  But the page fails using either Explorer or Fire Fox.  Typing in the IP address didn't work either.

Below is a snip of the Cisco webpage when one selects the 'Downloads' tab.

The error message when going after the firmwareThe error message when going after the firmware

I am on that web page all the time including just a minute ago.  I think it has nothing to do with your RV340 router.  I don't use IE or Firefox either.  I use Microsoft Edge.  Sometimes Chrome but not very often.