cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - static WAN routing for defined devices

Hurz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i am totally lost how to do this with my RV340 (i use a Linksys LRT224 at the moment, that needs to replaced).

I have 2 internet connections, both use a AVM FritzBox as modem, one connected to WAN1, the other to WAN2 on the RV340. I have several PCs, and devices (also two WiFi access points) in the house. I need to have some devices use WAN1 and others WAN2 as connection, but still be in the same network as all others.

With the LRT224 i assigned static IPs (via MAC addresses) in the DHCP section for the devices and then could set via Protocol Binding that all traffic for IP 192.168.1.100 goes via WAN1, for ...101 via WAN2 - depending on the needs. That works very good and fine but now my LRT224 seems to have some problems (maybe dying of age).

I managed to set static IPs in the RV340 but now i am stuck to where define such static WAN use in the settings. In some cases it tells me to enter Subnet Masks or Metrics or i am totally looking wrong. I found no real instruction and neither the in-RV340 help nor the videos from cisco (that are just reading the text in the help) do help.

Has anyone done somthing like that?

0 Replies 0