cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Trunk port?

alexten1983
Level 1
Level 1

How do you set up a trunk port on RV340? So on one port I would be able to hit all the vlans on the switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure, but I think the original poster may be asking about "VLAN trunking", where a port is a member of all VLANs configured, tagging them with 802.1Q VLAN IDs before transmitting the frames out the port.

If so, then I believe you must set each individual VLAN ID as "tagged" on the port you wish to be trunked. I do not believe there is a single command or option that will automatically have it tag all VLANs, like Catalyst switches can do with the IOS command "switchport mode trunk".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

CitNetGuy
Level 1
Level 1

In the LAN menu, Ports Settings - select the ports you want to trunk in the Link Aggregation Config Table. Pick 2 or 3 of the ports radio button for Lag1.  Select Apply.

Then go to the LAN menu, VLAN Settings and at the bottom of page VLANS to Ports/EDIT Select the appropriate tagged or untagged or exclude for the LAG1.

Not sure, but I think the original poster may be asking about "VLAN trunking", where a port is a member of all VLANs configured, tagging them with 802.1Q VLAN IDs before transmitting the frames out the port.

If so, then I believe you must set each individual VLAN ID as "tagged" on the port you wish to be trunked. I do not believe there is a single command or option that will automatically have it tag all VLANs, like Catalyst switches can do with the IOS command "switchport mode trunk".

If you do lag1 its untags all of them and wont let you change it.

That is correct.  When you create a LAG, it sets the ports back to untagged for default and excluded for additional vlans.

That is why you go back in the Vlan menu and edit the Lag1 for what you need untagged, tagged or excluded.

Hello,

What you're suggesting is a whole different thing: LAG stands for "Link Aggregation" (see LACP & PAgP protocols), which is the implementation of EtherChannel the CISCO RV340 series router is providing with. With LAG, you can use up to three different ports as if they were one only link-that is, you get three times more bandwidth in your link. THEN, you can use this LAG Channel as a trunk link between the router and, for example, an L2 or an L3 switch (so all the frames tagged with the ALLOWED vlans will be transmitted through a "virtual" port called "LAG1").

Cheers,

Jordi