cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 WAN2 IP address reported by MAC is not same as configured

MB2011
Level 1
Level 1

I am switching ISP's and have my WAN1 set for the old ISP and has been working fine.  I am using WAN2 for the new ISP.  I am connecting to an AT&T router BGW320-505.  I have my WAN2 set up as static as follows:

IPxxx.xxx.xxx.49
Mask255.255.255.248
Gatewayxxx.xxx.xxx.48

In the AT&T router I have to configure it for "Passthrough" so the RV340 can handle the multiple IP addresses and VPN tunnels.  My problem is that when setting the "Passthrough" I have a pulldown to choose the MAC address that the traffic is sent to.  This pulldown shows the RV340 WAN2 MAC address but has an IP address of xxx.xxx.xxx.52 instead of the configured xxx.xxx.xxx.49.  I do not know who is to blame.  I have rebooted both devices multiple times and have set the WAN2 IP address to other numbers, DHCP, etc. to try to get things changed.  If I try to ping the address set for the WAN2 address from outside the network (both the xxx.xxx.xxx.49 or the xxx.xxx.xxx.52) it does not resolve.  I updated my firmware to 1.0.03.26 which had no effect.  I do not have a way to do an "arp -a" on the AT&T router to see what is returned by it.  Any suggestions?

TIA, Mark

0 Replies 0