cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Configuration File Management

fmarshall
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on an RV345 for the first time and am wanting to assure that the latest settings are being saved.  

Some things I've read say that the running configuration is volatile.

But, the relationship of this to the SAVE blinking indicator isn't very clear to me.

I'm used to pressing the SAVE indicator to make things OK.  But now I wonder.

As that's my habit then I'm wondering why recent settings disappeared with a power cycle.

Where are the "rules"?  I didn't find much at all in the manual.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @fmarshall,

In chapter 3 of the datasheet, indicate the way to save the configurations:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV345/Administration_Guide/EN/b_RV345_RV345P_EN_AG.pdf

Copy/Save Configuration 

The Copy/Save Configuration section displays the default configuration of the device uses the running configuration file, which is unstable and does not retain the settings between reboots. You can save thisrunning configuration file to the startup configuration file.

• Source – Select the source file name from the drop-down list.

• Destination – Select the destination file name from the drop-down list.

• Save Icon Blinking – Indicates whether an icon blinks when there is unsaved data.

To disable/enable this feature, click Enabled Save Icon Blinking or Disabled Save Icon Blinking.

RV345a.jpg

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @fmarshall,

In chapter 3 of the datasheet, indicate the way to save the configurations:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV345/Administration_Guide/EN/b_RV345_RV345P_EN_AG.pdf

Copy/Save Configuration 

The Copy/Save Configuration section displays the default configuration of the device uses the running configuration file, which is unstable and does not retain the settings between reboots. You can save thisrunning configuration file to the startup configuration file.

• Source – Select the source file name from the drop-down list.

• Destination – Select the destination file name from the drop-down list.

• Save Icon Blinking – Indicates whether an icon blinks when there is unsaved data.

To disable/enable this feature, click Enabled Save Icon Blinking or Disabled Save Icon Blinking.

RV345a.jpg

Regards

It was the definitions of the files that I hadn't found earlier. Very important. The "how to" is pretty clear.