cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Console Requires Login

vgehts
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using the web interface of my Cisco RV345 router without any problem, but wanted to connect to the console to get more information not found within the web interface.  I have successfully connected my laptop to the console port using settings 115200 8/N/1 but it prompts for a login.  I have tried the default cisco/cisco as well as cisco with the admin password I use with when accessing the router via a web browser, but neither works.   I am on Firmware 1.0.02.9000.  Is there a way to resolve the login problem via the web interface and/or remove the need for a login?

Thanks,

Richard

3 Replies 3

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

The console port feature is not yet available. However it may get available in next few updates.

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Hello, my first cisco router, I open the box I am happy to see the cable console and I plug and ... disappointment no connection possible from the cable. Good tampis if I have all the functions in web interface ... well no it misses a lot of options !!!! I am sad to have bought a cisco router.

When will the port be activated ????

Hello, please can you tell me when will the console port be available?
Will it be available one day?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: