Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 FW1.0.0.3.27 keeps crashing

Ronald70
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco,

I have upgraded my RV345 from 1.0.0.3.22 to 1.0.0.3.27. The old firmware was running stable and I never had to reboot the device. The only "problem" I was facing is that the GUI was showing that all ports were down as they actually were working properly. I have cisco Dashboard running on a V-Hyper server and this software is causing the ports to show as down when the router is in the air for a while. When I was not running Cisco Dasboard this problem never happened, so there seems to be a relation between the issue and the Dasboard.

As FW 1.0.0.3.27 is "required" due to security issues I did and update and uploaded the newest FW and rebooted to the default settings.

After I have entered all setting manually the system was running for one week without any problem. Even the port status was always showing the right status.

After one week the system was down, no intranet and no internet. Any device connected to the router did not get a ip-address anymore and I had to reboot.

A few days after rebooting the same issue. So I started change the settings to automatically reboot the router every night.

This was working for a few days, but this morning I also did not get any ip-address anymore on the LAN ports, so I manually had to switch off and on the device.

Also this firmware version seems to be reliable and is crashing constantly.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs when crashes are observed , or better configure and use a syslog-server for logging purposes , observe logs at continuous basis (more or less)  , meaning logs during normal operation may be indicative of upcoming problems too (sometimes) , and or last gasp logging may also indicate cause of problems that the device is experiencing.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Dear Marce,

First of all, thanks for you answer! The Log is configured to write to a USB device, I don't have a syslog-server unfortunately. I have checked the Log and cannot find any relevant information in there. 

I also have setup email notification and in previous notication mails I saw that VLAN1 was up and running, but in the mail I received after the auto-reboot I didn't see that VLAN1 was up and running. Therefore everything within VLAN1 was not working. Unfortunately I did not chech whether and other VLAN did work

Next thing I can try is to shut-down the cisco dasboard, so it will not continiously knock on the routers door to retreive information (as this was in the previous firmware (1.0.0.3.22) causing to corrupt the port indication on up&running or down.

-  You may want to create a case at Cisco for this problem : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks Marce, I will do as the router crashed this afternoon again .... My girlfriend was in the middle of a conference call and had to restart the router. This is an unacceptable situation for us, especially because we didn't have any issue with FW 1.0.0.3.22