Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 - Geoblock IP with security licence

jezmeister6
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks,

Getting a whole heap of unwanted intrusion attempts onto our NAS (logged at the built in NAS firewall) and I'd like to stop these before they reach that. If I go ahead and purchase the Advanced Security licence Cisco LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR= will I be able to block incoming requests at the router from geographical locations ? Or is it limited to IP address ranges ?

Much thanks

J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't implement any type of Geoblock IPs and country-specific ranges filtering on RV series. The only option with the security license is using web reputation service and content filtering. Cisco Umbrella is the most advanced method for cloud security you can benefit with the RV34x. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/geo-block-on-rv345/td-p/3768019

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yea I saw that, but is that with/without the additional licence ? I also saw this

RV340 - Block A List Of IP Addresses - How To? - Cisco Community

And wondering if that's do-able as country-specific range ?

You can't implement any type of Geoblock IPs and country-specific ranges filtering on RV series. The only option with the security license is using web reputation service and content filtering. Cisco Umbrella is the most advanced method for cloud security you can benefit with the RV34x. 

Much thanks for that Martin, will look into Umbrella more.

Cheers