Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Unresponsive

espatial
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have a RV345 that has been running for while now without any issue. Recently it started to froze randomly, mostly during the night. The router is then completly unresponsive and no traffic is going through. Only fix is to reboot the router manually. So far we haven't been able to gather logs before the router crash but should be able to at the next occurence.
The only change that occur on the router recently is a change of traiffic routing from the WAN1 to WAN2 for a specific server generating a lot of traffic. We do have Site-to-site VPNs set up on both WANs.

This the firmware on our router:
System Information
Device Model:     RV345
PID VID:     RV345-K9 V01
Current Firmware Version:     1.0.01.18
Current Signature Version:     1.0.0.0844
Current Dongle Driver Version:     0.0.00.01

Any help/pointers would be very appreciated.

20 Replies 20

Fer100
Level 1
Level 1

Router still freezes sometimes at night sometimes during working hours.

2 Vpn site to site over Wan 1, 1 anyconnect ssl over wan 1

Other traffic on load balance wan 1 and 2.

Use firmware 1.0.03.16.

I am still facing the same problem with this router. 

Unexpected hangs. Latest firmware. No VPN's. 4VLAN's though. 

Horrible quality. I bought Cisco because I thought I could trust the brand. 

Really disappointed. And service ... just forget about it !

At least I got a 5 replies badge, because I complained enough  

@DVDW38191 

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with the RV. Did you manage to open a support ticket with the STAC? If so, can you please share the case number so we can expedite the problem resolution? I would advise setting a remote log server so you can gather any logs that might be helpful later on when troubleshooting. 

Regards,

Martin

Hello Martin, 

Basically, I had a new Dell Laptop (Lattitude). If the laptop went to sleep... the RV345 just crashed... 

Switching stopped, network down, only possibility = full reboot. 

I had an ancient Cisco (unmanaged) switch between the laptop and RV345. Changing this one to a newer NON-CISCO unmanaged switch solved the problem. 

So, how robust is the RV345 ?

I don;t know what STAC is. 

regards

Dirk 

Hello Dirk,

STAC is the Cisco Small Business Support Centre. You can call them and open a case in regard to this issue. Contact information is on the following link: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html 

Regards,

Martin