cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P Signature Update fails

bruce C
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure that I need the updated signature file but my RV345P tells me a updated signature file is available. When i try to update using the signature file and cisco.com options, the update fails.

I have downloaded the package but do not know which file is actually the signature file (from the zip file) to be used if i try to upgrade from my pc.

Questions:

1. Do i need the update and am I entitled to it?

2. Which file should I use to perform the update from the file imp2p_full_2352_1.0.0.852_v4.zip

Thanks for any advice.

2 Replies 2

mipopov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Bruce,

Happy new 2019 year!

Initially you have Web Filtering service in evaluation mode (I think it is 90-day), but after this period you need to purchase it (if you want to use it). These signature files are for this service.

If you decided that you don't need it, you can disable it in Administration > License >> Choose Licenses and just remove the tick for AVC_WebfilterRV340 AVC_Webfilter eval.pngRV340 disable AVC_Webfilter license after the trial.png

Hope it helps.

Cheers, 

Mike

mipopov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi again Bruce, 

As for the second question - the zip file itself. You can choose from where you will upgrade - cisco.com, your PC or from USB flash drive (connect it beforehand)

Cheers,

Mike