Views
Helpful
Replies

rvs4000 in need of firmware recovery

fziglar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently attempted to upgrade my RVS4000 to the 1.3.0.5 firmware (it had been stable running 1.1.14 for over 1 year). Unfortunately, it looks like the firmware didn't take. Now, when the router powers on, it just alternates flashing the Power & Diag LEDs.

The Linksys manual indicates there is a firmware recovery utility for this router, which can reset it even after a failed firmware update. Unfortunately, all I can find on Cisco's site is the firmware & VPN utilities, but no firmware recovery utility - and Linksys does not contain any downloads for this router any more at all. If the download is out there, my Google Foo seems to be failing me.

Can someone please point where I might be able to get the recovery utility for this router, or do I need to start a RMA process on it?

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have had with the Router and locating the recovery tool. If you would contact our Small Business Support Center (1866-606-1866), someone here can get you connected with the recovery tool.

Than You

Eric Moyers

Cisco Support Engineer