cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 QoS Configuration Question

kent.chaney
Level 1
Level 1

We have an RVS4000 router at two ends of a VPN tunnel. The VPN tunnel is  working fine, however a phone at the remote site drops calls, even  though they sound clear and unblemished. I have set highest priority on  the port the phone is hooked up to at the remote site, and have set a  priority for upload traffic on both routers, but the phone stills drops  calls after 2 to 3 minutes. Do you have any suggestions regarding  settings to make sure the phone works?

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Kent,

I take it that the phone is registering across the tunnel ?

First you need to set up a syslog server to capture the phone sip logs to see what is causing the phone to just drop connection. This should point you in the right direction for starters.

If the phone is registering across the tunnel, once the call comes into phone and call is established ; your PBX hands the connection off to your phone . This transition might be the cause of your sudden drop.the end caller SIP PBX is terminating SIP connection. Again logs from your IP Phone should confirm or deny what's happening.

Also it would be good to have SYSLOGS from your PBX .

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

Jasbryan,

I am willing to pursue troubleshooting as you suggest, but wanted to mention that these RVS4000s replaced two Routefinder firewall\routers that had preveiously been installed, and the remote phone worked fine with them, so I do not think the problem lies with the phone and\or PBX, but rather believe the problem lies with the RVS4000 configuration and\or firmware. Do you agree? If so, do you have any suggestions as to the RVS4000 configuration?

I received a list of ports and from the IP phone vendor, and have set up priorities at both ends for these ports, for both up and down stream traffic. This did not help. Also tried upgrading the firmware of the RVS4000 on the main office side to V2.0.2.7. This has not helped yet, but I will be upgrading the firmware on the remote site tomorrow.

Look forward to any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Kent

Kent,

Yes, the problem could be with the routers. If this is the case we will still need all of that data request in the earlier post. When you have some data captured please give us a call and open a support ticket. We will go over your configuration on both RVS4000 to make sure it is not any configuration issues at which point look at your syslog information and determine if this is a possible escalation which will most likely be if the configuration on both routers are correct and nothing else could be changed.

SBSC @ 1-866-606-1866

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.