cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 V2 contantly resetting from static to dynamic. Loses IP. We lose internet

Moosenet01
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere.

I have an RVS4000 V2 SMB Router that keeps resetting from Static to Dynamic. It does not seem that anything else resets. I go into router and set it back to static and all is well again. The correct static IP information is there and we are back online.

I need a solution to stop this from happening.  This problem has gotten progressively worse over time.  At first it was once every few months. I cannot keep resetting this router every other day. That's where I'm at now.

The firmware level is 2.0.2.7.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Cheers,

Howard

2 Replies 2

Moosenet01
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded it to 2.0.3.4. Will let you know if there is any change.

Cheers,

Howard

Hi Howard,

I hope the latest firmware manages to fix your problems. In related posts, updating to the latest firmware fixed most issues regarding the RVS4000 resets.

If you still have problems, other posts suggested to give the SBSC a call for a possible replacement (in the case of faulty hardware) or a fix.

To open a bug case, please call our Small Business Support Center. Contact information is located here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Explain to the technical engineer that you would like to report a bug. 

-Andrew Lien, content developer