cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site VPN RV215W can't connect to devices on remote networks.

sakelly516
Level 1
Level 1

So I've configured a Site-to-Site VPN using two RV215Ws. When I look at the IPSec Connection Status, its shows the IPSec SA Established, but I cannot ping the local address of the remote router from either location. Pings are successful when using cmd  on client machines on-site, but I'm getting 100% packet loss when using the diag tools in the admin panel. I am also able to access each router using their inside address through a browser, but I am not able to ping any other devices on the remote networks. Any suggestions would be SUPER helpful!!!!

3 Replies 3

alcarmon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cisco support.

My apologies for the inconvenience. Looking at your results, I can see that the VPN traffic is being forwarded correctly since the host to host pings across the tunnel are successful. Please reply to the following questions so that we can further isolate the problem:

-What is the firmware version running on the routers?

-Can you ping other ip addresses from the diag tool of the routers (i.e. google.com, local hosts)?

Please contact our SBSC phone line at: 1866-606-1866 for immediate assistance.

Have a wonderful day!

Current Firmware Version:   1.3.0.7

Yes, I can ping other ip addresses from the diag tool of the router.

Hello, my name is Jonathan and i'm part of the Engineers here at Cisco SBSC.

I was checking and we have on our website as the latest version for this unit 1.3.0.8, if you have not done a firmware upgrade please try it, as well if is possible try to reconfigure the tunnel with different settings and try to ping the address. let us know how it goes. if you need further assistance feel free to call us back at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country 

Regards.