cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

small business pro srp527w loosing connection

mccarthy-peter
Level 1
Level 1

The router keeps loosing connection to the internet. I can still log into the router locally but cant connect out or in from the internet. Which is a big problem as i use this device remotely. I have tried different firmware (.9, .19, .27) the .19 seems to be the most stable but i am still having problems. The only way to rectify it is to reboot the router. Is there a fix for this or a way to schedule a reboot on the router.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

Could you please raise a cause with the Small Business Support Center for this issue.

Before raising the case, please use 1.1.27 and when the issue occurs again, access the device locally and collect the debug information file from Adminstration > Remote Debug.  Provide this file to the support team with your issue description above.

Does this issue occur daily, more often, or less often?

It is not possible to schedule a reboot of the router, but it is possible to schedule a forced reconnection of the PPP session using 1.1.27.  Please see Interface Setup > WAN > Internet Option.

Many thanks,

Andy

i upgraded to .27 and set the forced reconnect up, however i still lost connection but this time it still has a wan ip. and needs to be rebooted again before i can get a connection.

i tried to open a ticket with the support center but it is out of warranty so they could not provide any help.

any more help you can provide will be much appriciated.

Peter