cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 527 W - ADSL issue

wintersgill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I recently bought 2 SRP 527 W for  customer and i am trying to install them.  I have updated the firmware to the latest version.

Problem

It can detect BTs business ADSL but the Logical Link is not picking up.  I have checked and rechecked the setting with BT but no joy.  the original BT router works.

Can anyone please tell me what i am missing!

yours

K

19 Replies 19

是同胞,加我SKYPE吧 sunlyc@21cn.com(sunlyc520)

Here are my current settings.  It's probably a matter of figuring out the right VPI/VCI settings but it doesn't hurt to be sure.

Hi William,

You're right, it could just be a case of hunting for the right VPI/VCI setting.  Doesn't your TP Link device tell you how it is configured when it is working?

While you are trying different VPI/VCI settings, I'd recommend that you keep "keep alive" selected, rather than "Connect on demand".

Also I assume that your username and password is correct.  User name is typically of the form "something@something".

Al though it probably shouldn't make a difference, you might want to try using PPPoA instead of PPPoE (some ISPs limit their service to only allow PPPoA).

Regards,

Andy

Henan, Xinyang

Update: it works!

As per Mr. Chen's suggestion I got into my old modem (cat) and copied down all the settings.  Then I reset the SRP527 to factory settings, ran the wizard again and changed ONLY the VPI/VCI settings.  So she's up now and running well.

It's odd that the autodetect thingy didn't work, and it kinda blows that there's no error log.  But oh well.  Thanks to everyone for their help.