Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP541W multi vlan set-up

Florian1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.

I am using an SRP541W router and i am trying to configure 2 vlans, each one to use its own Wan:

Here are the dhcprules and vlans:

dhcp1.JPG

dhcp2.JPG

As can be seen, each one has its own wan interface.

Vlans:

vlans.JPG

As can be seen, each vlan is using its own ports and dhcp rule, so, now they should be separate.

Both Wans are connected:

interface info.JPG

So now (at least as i see things) the two vlans are separate and using different Wan. But the reality is different, everything is going out using Wan1.

Also in the Interface Info you can see that the 2 vlans are listed under the Wan1.

The rest of router setting are default.

This is my first attempt to set up a Cisco, so please bare with me.

Thank you in advance.

Florin

* after some thinking, i think i also need to modify something in the Routing area...right? I guest all the treffic is going through Wan1 is because the default routing table?

17 Replies 17

I thought I posted this already but this may be the issue. I'll mess around with it but I thought you might wanna see it and lend some input.

Hi Jon,

Your PBR will route SIP signalling traffic via WAN1, but you'll need to deal with the media traffic too which will use a different port.

It might be easier to create a policy rule that just routes all traffic destined for the VoIP provider IP address(es) via WAN1.  (Of course, you could just use static routing to do the same thing).

Regards,

Andy

I have them set for the correct ports. I'll try routing the data traffic to the wan2 ip and see if that sends it out. Thanks again.