cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer settings from an RV110W to a RV215W?

SmashingRouters
Level 1
Level 1

I am replacing an RV110W with a RV215W? Superficially, these routers are pretty much the same except the RV215W has a USB port that can be used for a 3G/4G USB failover modem.

Anyway, my question is pretty simple: Can I transfer the settings from the RV110W to the RV215W by saving or backing up the RV110W configuration, and then reading that configuration with the RV215W? The .cfg files are just text files...

Anyone know if this will work?

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Michael,

The configuration files are not compatible because the RV215 has the USB 3G/4G port and uses a different motherboard/processor. There is no tool available to convert the configuration file to work correctly with the new router.

- Marty

Bummer. It would behove Cisco to write a utiltiy that could could do that, or better yet, simply write a general cfg file format. It's already a text file with all of the parameters set out in pretty much the classic INI file format. Basically none of the configuration parameters depend on the motherboard/processor as its all high level stuff. i.e. Account info, filter info, SSID info, VLAN info, VPN info, Port Forwarding info, etc all of which have nothing to do with the motherboard/processor

I agree Michael - it is a neat idea to be able to transfer config from one router to another.

I will take this back to my team for future programs.

Marc