Helpful
Replies

Two RV320s for office link through dedicated Point to Point link

kboddy001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

Help!

I've purchased 2 RV320 routers, and have not been able to get traffic to route between them via VLANs on a LAN interface.  I've watched their setup video for VLANs (cross VLAN traffic is enabled), and it works if I only have one router with PCs off each LAN port (LAN 1 AND LAN2), but once I attempt to add the other router in between - the links are unpingable between the routers (either VLAN interface).

I've even tried with RIPv2 to push routes to them.  looked like only one router even picked up the other's routes...

Attached is an image of the 'hopeful' setup.

Will the RV320's act as routers for LAN interfaces with VLANs?  Wish there was a way to view ARP info...

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

kboddy001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sort of wondering if it's because of a vlan / IP mismatch on each side (I'm using the default vlan for different subnets).  Maybe I can tag it through the ptp link and setup different vlans for the local lans?

Because these are also just being used for routing, I've disabled all firewall features.  Does anyone have any working setups with this router in 'router' mode?  It only seems to route traffic properly through the WAN ports when in 'gateway' mode.  Would prefer to have gateway mode off...