Views
Helpful
Replies

Two RVS4000 don't connect to each other

falves1
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if my vendor mislead me, but I need to do this:

There is a public subnet in my office, not a 192.168.x.x, but a real Public IP.The reason is that we do VOIP and those are only servers. I installed a RVS 4000 in that location, and assigned a PUBLIC Ip to BOTH the WAN and LAN, since when I connect from outside, using either QickVPN or another identical router, I need to be assigned one of the PUBLIC Ip's on the remote LAN. That is the whole idea of the project, to locate servers remotely and make them use our set of PUBLIC IP's.

Well, so far I cannot connect either with the Quick VPN client, or using the VPN Wizard. It goes and creates the tunnel, without error, but when I click test, it fails.

Any ideas? If this is NOT possible with this routers, please let me know which one can do the job.

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

These devices are in the Small Business group of devices and have certain limitation as you can see. What you are trying to accomplish you will need to move up to the enterprise small business group devices. Like the ASA5505 or Cisco 800 series routers. Now if you can put a private ip address back on the LAN side of both RVS4000 then you shouldn't have any problems connecting site to site tunnel.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

I did some further research and the question is this: Using the RVS4000, and a VPN, how do I bridge two networks al Level 2, I mean, where there is NO routing, jusr ARP messages traveling the tunnel. Can somebody please let me know?