cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access RV042 after firmware upgrade

knutaksel
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading the firmware of my RV042 V3 router to 4.2.3.07 it's not working. After the upgrade I was not able to access the router using the web interface, then i did a reset, but still not able to reach (now with the standard 192.168.1.1 adresse). It replied to ping. I alsp tried the "rescue utility", but that timed out (TFTP).

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Knut A

2 Replies 2

Francis LAPORTE
Level 1
Level 1

Just now,

i apply this firmware on the same model (RV042G) and nothing wrong at reboot...

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

if you are able to ping the default IP address 192.168.1.1 then you should be able to use the Firmware Rescue Utility

since you are still having issues I would advise you to do the 30-30-30 factory reset

-with the device power on press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds

-(without releasing the reset button) disconnect the power adapter and wait for another 30 seconds

-(without releasing the reset button) plug back in the power adapter and wait for another 30 seconds

after this wait untill the device boots up  and try again the  Firmware Rescue Utility you can find it on the link below

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414010&softwareid=282465800&release=4.0.0.7&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

best regards