Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect client to vpn on rv082

ghostly01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We currently have an RV082 and an RV180W at our remote site. Our VPN tunnel is up gateway to gateway but whenever I try to use quick connect I can't connect and get failed to establish connection message. I've created a user in client to gateway. I've also tried various WAN IP addresses from our ISP. Any help you have would be useful, thanks!

4 Replies 4

Brian Ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know more information regarding your issue before I can determine what is happening. Are you creating a user in the RV082 or RV180W for the client to gateway VPN? Also, what client to gateway VPN are you using and from which router ?

Please keep us posted.

Yes, I created it. I also was trying Cisco quick connect and windows default set up to connect to our vpn routers. I've tried to connect on both. Which IP should I be using our wan ip address or x.x.x.154 or our gateway x.x.x.153?

Thanks!

Hi,

It looks like you did not create the client to gateway VPN in either the RV082 and the RV180W. In order to use the VPN user that you created in that router, you must create the client to gateway VPN inside that router. For example, you will have to configure PPTP VPN which is a client to gateway VPN and create a user in the RV180W. After that, you would set up the Windows default VPN set up. Please make sure that you use the WAN IP address of the RV180W that the client to gateway VPN was created in and use the VPN user that was created in that router as well. One last thing is that our Cisco Small Business routers do not support "Cisco Quick Connect."

I hope that made sense and please keep me posted or feel free to give us a call at 1-866-606-1866.

Hi,

Every time I try to connect I get error 809 that the network connection between my pc and the network connection could not be established.