Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN1 become "connected (inactive)" frequently

snake0726
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I bought RV320 VPN Router and I only have a single WAN connection but the WAN1 port is not working frequently & become "Connected (inactived)" after running in a few days. this problem occurred 3 times in July. 

I tried to disable & enable the WAN1 but failed.  It will be up & running after clicking restart on the GUI. I changed many settings (see below list) and also upgraded the firmware to the latest (v1.2.1.13) but failed.  I've captured the setting screen for reference & appreciated if you could give me advise to fix it.  Thanks!

methods:                                      Result:
disable firewall features               still got the error - "Connected (inactived)"
change max bwidth to 100000     same as above
change network srv detection      same result - failed

B.rgds,

Snake Li

5 Replies 5

blonghurst99
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  I've set up the Cisco as a subnet and it will not pass the internet.

Wan1 is connected but inactive.

Did you ever get this resolved?

alex.kanaykin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys.

Do you solve that problem?

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please try the following:

Go to System Management -> Dual WAN -> Select WAN 1 -> Edit ->  Disable the "Enable Network Service Detection" tick.

That should get rid of the "Connected (Inactive) " message that you get.

If you are still having issues please contact our support centre so an engineer can assist further.

Thanks,
Kris

Without network service detection device disconnects after 8 hours.

On other device, that works for 8 days already, network service detection setupped like that:

Screenshot from 2018-02-20 09-30-07.png

I will try to repeat that on another RV320

Looks like Network Service Detection does not affect to that problem =(

I've redistered TAC Case.