cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N intermittently drops internet connection

aatsaves1
Level 1
Level 1

For eight months we have not had any problems with our new WRVS4400N (V2.0.2.1) connected to a Verizon/Westell 6500 to provide DSL internet for our network with DHCP on our server...  No changes have been made to the router or modem since initial setup; but, then it started -- Our internet connection would drop intermittently.  Sometimes every 5 or 10 minutes - sometimes every hour.  Verizon has tested the lines which came up ok, then they sent a tech who changed the wire pair coming into the building for the DSL line and retested the lines which again came up ok, then they provided us with a new modem (now a Verizon/Westell 7500).  After all that, the DSL still connects then disconnects intermittently.  I am now wondering if the issue lies with the WRVS4400N.    Has anyone else experienced this situation?  Anyone have any ideas?  This is really frustrating.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting. If the internet is dropping frequently, plug a PC or another router into the modem and see if you have the same results. If you do, that would point back to the ISP. If not, then you should look at the WRVS4400N.

Thank you for the reply.  We did try isolating the network down to just a PC and the DSL modem before we received the new modem from the ISP and it behaved well for several hours - but I have not tried that since replacing the modem.  I will attach a different router and post back the results. FYI, I have spent more hours on the phone with the ISP than I care to admit.  Of course, after swapping the cable pair and providing a new modemt, they insist that the problem is on our side of the modem - typical.  Thanks again - Alex