Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N responds to pings but web interface fails

lkimble932
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have a WRVS4400N router in a remote office.  I have connectivity to the office and computers there.  But the web interface for the router is failing to come up.  This happens once every few days or so.  Is there any utility or something that I can use to remotely reset the router without making use of the webinterface or having physical access to the router?

It's a version 2 router with the latest firmware.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Leonard,

how are you gaining remote access to the office and computers, is it through QVPN, logmein, or another RDP type session? Does the interface come up without problems when it is accessed from "truely" within the LAN? What is the error message that you receive?When you are remote what IP address are you using to try to gain access?

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

I gain access via LogMeIn.  QuickVPN has not been enabled on this router.  And the hardware VPN between it and a like-router in a second office is down and will not come back up.

I know the interface does not come up when I'm physically there because I tried it last time I traveled to the office during the last outage.  I am using it's LAN IP 192.168.148.1.  I also tried 192.168.148.2.  Both IPs respond to pings but no web interface will connect.

The web browser (Chrome, Firefox, and IE) just says "unable to connect" or "cannot display the page"

What is the default gateway for the network. A response from a ping simply means that there is a device assigned to that IP that is responding.Typically if the interface is down the device should be down as well. However, because all traffic is passing and you are able to connect via LogMeIn, I believe that there may be some other issue. When you are on site, are you trying to access the routers interface wired to the network or wireless? If you are wireless you will have to have the WLAN management feature enabled.

Blake

The default gateway is 192.168.148.1.  When on-site I am using a wired computer, not wireless.